Welcome to the Billing, Payments, and Refunds FAQ section for Searchanise Upsell & Marketing. This resource is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of how billing works, how to manage your payment settings, and what to do if you need a refund.
Overview of plans
You can choose from diverse plans to fulfill your needs.
|Sessions||Up to 500||Up to 3,000||Up to 10,000||Up to 30,000||Unlimited|
|Upsell & Cross-Sell||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Free Shipping Bar||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Countdown Timer Bar||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Email Collection Bar||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Scroll to Top Button||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Wishlist King Integration||X||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Email support||Basic||Basic||Priority||Priority||High Priority|
|Zoom/Google meet call||X||X||X||30 min/ |
|30 min/ |
|Basic Visual Modifications||X||30 min/ |
Those who installed the app before the prices were released can enjoy the same functionality they have now for free for life.
Upgrading and downgrading
Here’s how to manage your plan upgrades and downgrades:
- Navigate to our app’s “Plan & Billing” section or visit our webpage.
- Select a plan.
- Your new plan will take effect immediately.
If you opt to upgrade mid-cycle, a proportional charge will be applied. The charge will be calculated based on the price difference and the remaining days in your current cycle. Rest assured that the new recurring app charge will be applied after the app’s current billing cycle ends.
Downgrading grants you credits determined by the price difference and the remaining days in your cycle. These credits can be utilized for future app purchases within the Shopify app store.
Find answers to common questions about the billing process.
What is the Free Trial?
After installing the app, select the desired plan, and a 14-day free trial will start, during which you will have full access to all features, benefits, and unlimited sessions.
What happens after my trial?
As your 14-day trial period draws to a close, here’s what happens:
- If you’ve chosen the Free Plan, it will start after the 14-day trial.
- If you’ve selected one of the paid plans, the transition is just as smooth. After your 14-day trial, you’ll be moved to your chosen plan. At this point, the subscription amount of your chosen plan will be deducted from your account, allowing you to enjoy advanced features, benefits, and a larger number of monthly sessions.
Under what circumstances does the plan change occur automatically?
Note that plan changes cannot occur automatically; they require manual action on your part.
What currency does the app use for billing?
Searchanise bills customers in United States dollars (USD).
How can I pay for the app?
All paid plans are seamlessly integrated with your Shopify account, meaning that your Shopify subscription, the app’s subscription, and usage charges are combined in a single transaction.
To keep track of your app’s billing details, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the “Settings” tab in your Shopify dashboard.
- Click on “Billing” to access your billing-related information.
- If necessary, click on “View All” to explore further details.
- In the “Subscription” section, find Searchanise Upsell & Marketing.
Alternatively, you can find this information in your Shopify Settings’ “Apps and Sales Channels” section.
Within these sections, you’ll discover comprehensive information about the app, recurring app charges, and your upcoming charge dates. Rest assured, these details are conveniently consolidated into your regular Shopify subscription bill.
Additionally, if you opted for Auto-Upgrade, you’ll notice app usage charges reflected in the app’s details within the “Apps and Sales Channels” section. These charges, such as those for increased sessions, will be dynamically adjusted based on your app usage. Again, these charges will be seamlessly integrated into your regular Shopify subscription bill.
How do I access my invoices?
To view your current invoice, follow these simple steps:
Method 1: “Apps and Sales Channels”
- Navigate to the “Apps and Sales Channels” section in the “Settings” section.
- Locate Searchanise Upsell & Marketing and open it.
- Find the “Billing and Usage Charges” section.
- Click on “View Current Invoice” to access your latest billing details.
Method 2: Billing Cycle Insights
- Head to the “Settings” tab in your Shopify dashboard.
- Click on “Billing” to explore your billing-related information.
- Scroll down to the “Recent Bills” section.
- Find the bill for the specific month you’re interested in and open it.
- Click on “Apps” to view comprehensive invoice details.
When will I be charged?
Apps that charge merchants using subscriptions are billed on an independent, 30-day billing cycle. Although you’ll see recurring app charges on your account as soon as you approve an app charge, the charges aren’t due immediately. Recurring app charges are applied to your account either when you receive your 30-day Shopify subscription bill or if you exceed your billing threshold, whichever comes first, even if the billing cycles don’t align.
Note: App usage charges within a single billing cycle can extend across two consecutive Shopify subscription bills.
To learn more, please refer to the Shopify Help Portal.
My Shopify bill lists two charges. Why?
The app’s billing is based on recurring subscription and usage charges.
Let’s consider a scenario in which your active Shopify subscription is typically billed on the 5th of each month. Suppose you installed the Searchanise Upsell & Marketing and selected a plan on June 10th, with your next charge date scheduled for July 10th.
In this scenario, you will have a single app subscription charge. On July 5th, your Shopify bill will reflect this single app charge.
However, a dual charge situation will arise if you opt for an auto-upgrade or plan change on June 25th. On July 5th, you’ll notice two charges on your Shopify bill. The first charge covers your initial installation until June 25th, while the second charge accounts for the period from June 25th to July 5th, reflecting your new plan’s rate or usage.
How can I pause or cancel my subscription?
While pausing your subscription is not an option, you can cancel it if necessary. Here’s what you need to do:
- Navigate to the “Plan & Billing” section within the app.
- Click on “Details” under your current plan to access plan-specific information.
- Select “Cancel Subscription” to initiate the cancellation process.
You can also head to the “Apps and Sales Channels” section. Locate Searchanise Upsell & Marketing and uninstall it, which will automatically result in the immediate cancellation of your subscription.
The cancellation of your subscription will grant you credits determined by the remaining days in your cycle. These credits can be utilized for future app purchases within the Shopify app store.
Note: If you decide to cancel a plan mid-cycle, please be aware that you’ll lose access to any paid features and benefits associated with your current plan. You’ll also be transferred to the Free Plan.
What happens when the limit is reached in the plan?
It depends on whether you have auto-update enabled.
Auto-upgrade generally ensures your journey remains uninterrupted, even if you surpass your monthly sessions.
- Auto-Upgrade Enabled: With auto-upgrade active, your journey remains uninterrupted. When your sessions reach their limit, the system automatically deducts the same amount as your current plan, swiftly resuming the app’s operations.
- Auto-Upgrade Disabled: If auto-upgrade is deactivated, the app will temporarily halt until one of the following events occurs: your next billing cycle arrives; you upgrade to a different plan; or you enable auto-upgrade. This pause ensures you have options to align with your needs.
Please note that the capped amount for the app is set to $100 per month. This means that if you are on our Enterprise plan, you won’t incur any additional charges, and the same applies if your total usage charges on any other paid plan exceed $99.99. In both cases, your sessions will be elevated to unlimited, ensuring you experience smooth app functionality.
Should I switch to a paid plan if I’ve been using the app for free from the beginning?
You will not have to pay for app’s basic functionality in a paid plan if you have been using it in the free plan from the beginning. If you wish to use new features, you need to choose a paid plan.