What are product recommendation widgets?
Product recommendation widgets are blocks of products nudging your customers to buy more and pay attention to specific items in your store. You must have seen such widgets on eBay or Amazon. For example, they are Similar products, Customers also bought, You might also like, etc. They help you upsell and cross-sell products.
How can I add recommendation widgets to my store pages?
You can choose a Manual or an Auto option.
If you choose the Auto one, a recommendation widget will automatically be added to the bottom content of the selected page (or pages).
If you choose the Manual one, you can insert the widget code into any part of the appropriate page in your store theme files.
Where can I place a recommendation widget?
You can locate a recommendation widget on any page of your store. If you select automatic installation, you can add the widget at the bottom of the home, collections, products, search results, or cart pages. If you insert the widget manually in your theme files, you can choose other locations and select a specific place on a page.
What types of recommendation widgets can I create?
Below are the available types of recommendation widgets:
- New Products
- Featured Products (manual selection)
- Similar Products
- Most Popular Products (bestsellers)
- Products by Attribute (similar by vendor, product type, tags, collections, color, or size)
- Customers Who Bought This Product Also Bought
How can I customize the recommendation widgets?
You can change the widgets’ content, look and feel in the Smart Search & Filter control panel:
- change a widget’s title, choose a number of products to show in a widget. See the instructions on how to edit a widget here.
- adjust custom CSS rules in the Smart Search & Filter control panel > Upsell & Cross sell section > Settings tab.
- change the button to show in the widget’s product cards or hide it in the Smart Search & Filter control panel > Upsell & Cross sell section > Settings tab.
- show option swatches in the widget’s product cards in the Smart Search & Filter control panel > Upsell & Cross sell section > Settings tab.
Where can I check out how the recommendation widgets affect conversion in my store?
The detailed info on recommendation widgets’ impressions, clicks, and sales are in the Smart Search & Filter control panel > Upsell & Cross sell section > Performance tab and the Analytics section.
We’d appreciate it if you could take some time to leave a review.