The Smart Search & Filter app subscription gives you permanent access to most or all service features. It depends on a subscription plan.
The subscription cost is included in the Shopify invoice so that you can pay for the app together with the Shopify store fees.
To subscribe, follow these steps:
- Install the app from the Shopify App store.
- Log in to your store’s admin and go to the Smart Search & Filter control panel: Apps > Smart Search & Filter.
- Click the View all plans button on the top right. You’ll see a chart with the available subscription plans.
- Choose a plan that suits your store best.
- Click the SIGN UP button for the chosen plan. You’ll see the subscription information for this plan.
- Approve the charge.
That’s it. You have bought the subscription. The next subscription charge will be included in the Shopify invoice in a month or a year (depending on the type of your subscription).
Choosing the subscription plan
The subscription plan depends on the number of products in your store catalog that the app indexes. It indexes products that:
- have the Active status
- have the Online Store option chosen for the Sales channels and apps setting
- don’t have tags excluding them from search
Annual plans are shown in the first tab. A 30% discount is offered if you subscribe annually. If you decide to pay monthly, switch to the Monthly tab.
You won’t see the Annually/Monthly tabs, if you’ve already got an annual subscription.
If you want to use the Filters on collections feature, it is available starting from the PRO plan with the 5000 products limit for Shopify and on any subscription plan for Shopify Plus.
Changing the subscription plan
To change the subscription plan, follow these steps:
- Go to the Smart Search & Filter control panel: Apps > Smart Search & Filter.
- Click the View all plans icon on the top right. You’ll see a chart with the available subscription plans.
- Choose a plan that suits your store best. Important info
If you’ve got a monthly subscription and want to keep paying monthly, don’t forget to click the Monthly tab.
- Click the SIGN UP button for the chosen plan. You’ll see the subscription information for this plan. Important info
- If you upgrade the plan, Shopify will calculate the cost you need to pay, considering the remaining days of the paid subscription. The next payment date won’t be changed.
- If you upgrade from the monthly subscription to the annual one, the monthly subscription will be canceled, and the remaining days won’t be considered towards the new subscription.
- You can change the annual subscription to the monthly one only if the subscription period has ended or after canceling it.
- Approve the charge.
That’s it. You have changed the subscription plan for your store.
Prolonging a non-renewable annual subscription
Until the 25th of March 2021, annual subscriptions could not be renewed automatically. Since auto-renew is released, all annual subscriptions purchased after March 25, 2021, are prolonged automatically. So if you have a non-renewable annual subscription, you can prolong it. In this case, if the old subscription has not finished:
- Shopify will calculate the cost you need to pay as [new_cost] – [unused_old_cost].
- After prolonging, the remaining days of the old single subscription will be included in the trial period. However, the number of trial period days will be recounted considering the new subscription cost: [trial_days] = [old_cost]*(365-[remaining_days])/[new_cost]. When the trial period has been finished, the new subscription will keep acting.
To prolong your subscription plan, follow the same steps as the Changing the subscription plan instruction. But you will see the Start free trial button instead of the Approve charge button on the subscription information page.
If you want to cancel the subscription, you should follow the How to cancel subscription and delete the Searchanise app instructions.
If you still have questions about subscription plans or discounts, feel free to contact us.
We’d appreciate it if you could take some time to leave a review.