BigCommerce themes can have a built-in Quick Search. When Instant Search Widget is displayed too, it doesn’t look nice. To avoid this, you should:
- Paste the Searchanise code into your site’s <head> section to boost the widget’s loading if you use the Stencil theme platform. Look here for the instructions.
- Turn off Quick Search in your theme. Here you can find guides for some BigCommerce themes on how to do that:
If you didn’t find the guide for your theme, we recommend you look at the theme documentation or contact the theme support team.
Turning off Quick Search
- Go to BigCommerce admin panel > Dashboard > Storefront > MyThemes.
- Click the Advanced drop-down menu of the current theme. A list of actions for the theme will appear.
- Select the Edit Theme Files option. You’ll be redirected to the Theme Editor.
- Go to Templates > Components > Search > quick-results.html.
- Сomment out the entire code in the file.
- Save the changes.
Look here for the theme instructions.